11/3/10 - s143-147 is taking a lot longer than I thought it would. I've completed 15 of the 27 clips. Again, it's the traveling masks which are slowing me down. S148-152 is relatively easy (only 5 clips) but s148-152 is going to take some time. There are 38 clips, all of which require traveling masks (s143 has 27 clips and it's taking over 3 months). s166 only has about 6 clips which need traveling masks. With the holidays coming up I should make steady progress, but the traveling masks just take time. The end of the year may not be doable. Darn!
8/1/10 - Progress continues, I *will* finish this year. I have 4 scene segments left to do, s143-147, s148-152, s153-160, and s166. Unfortunately, they have a lot of green screen shots which means traveling masks once again. AAARRRGGGHHH! I *HATE* doing traveling masks. Anyway, here's a picture of the Gremlin Rig and the Gremlin in a scary pose (needed for s143-147). Sorry for not posting much status, but I spend most of my time working on the movie instead. (I still can't believe it's been *five* years!)
10/2/09 - Although I haven't posted status in a log time, I am still making steady progress. I am over half way. Currently working on s110-116. (There are a total of 166 scenes). I am currently making the pink elephant for the scenes when Aaron is sobering up. This was a hard model to construct because most tutorials deal with bipeds rather than quadrapeds. At any rate, it took about 3 to 4 weeks to build the skeleton, skin it and rig it. I had a really tough time rigging it and ended up giving up on using manipulators. I am now starting to animate it so I shouldn't be too much longer on this segment. I also updated the Schedule Status to show current status. Here's a picture of the elephant:
For status for 2008, click here.
For status for 2007, click here.
For status for 2006, click here.
For status for the second half of 2005, click here.
For status for the first half of 2005, click here.
For status from April to May 2005, click here.